Helping Settle Business Property Damage Claims
When we usually think about hurricanes or natural disaster damage, we assume it’s property-damage related, but property damage insurance claims are extremely complicated, especially for Florida business owners. Business property insurance covers not only structural and content property damage but also loss of business income. A natural disaster may make it impossible for customers to visit your business due to power outages, blocked roads and evacuations. Even if you own an internet business, a hurricane may make it impossible for you to ship your orders.
At The Law Offices of Geoffrey D. Ittleman, our Fort Lauderdale business insurance lawyer can assist with business insurance claims that relate to the destruction of your business due to a flood, hurricane, water damage, fire or even vandalism. We attempt to recover the damages you are entitled to so you can have your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
Damage Can Ruin Your Business If Your Insurance Delays Your Claim
Based on your business, you need different types of property damage insurance. It’s important to review your risk and property to determine your business insurance needs. Your property is the equipment, inventory and building you own, while your risks are the financial responsibilities you, as an employer, have for the people who work for you. Here are some examples of different types of insurance for business owners:
- Boiler and machinery insurance – This helps to pay for property losses or damages that result from equipment breakdown.
- Business income – This pays for lost earnings if your operations are interrupted because of a property loss.
- Extra expense coverage – This will reimburse your business for any added expenses that you may incur while the business operations are interrupted and undergoing repairs due to your insured loss.
- Flood insurance – This will cover your building and the contents if a flood occurs.
- Property insurance – This will protect your physical assets and business property. There are three types of property insurance:
- Comprehensive coverage – This provides coverage for all kinds of perils unless expressly excluded in the insurance policy.
- Named-peril coverage – This will specify events that your policy covers, such as fire, smoke or explosions.
- Windstorm insurance – This will pay for any losses to your building and contents caused by a windstorm, such as a hurricane, tornado or even hail.
If your business is affected by a natural disaster or a hurricane, contact our experienced Fort Lauderdale business insurance lawyer. Insurance companies are often slow paying claims for income losses and property damage, which can deeply hurt your business.
Helping Recover Business Insurance Losses
The Law Offices of Geoffrey D. Ittleman can help you recover any damages for your business. Our team of skilled attorneys can review your case and help negotiate a settlement, or even pursue litigation if necessary, for your claim. Call our Fort Lauderdale office at 954-546-7441 to schedule a free consultation with our team today, or contact us online.